Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The best damn Spinach Artichoke Dip in the world. Really.


So, I've been on this quest to make Spinach Artichoke Dip like you get in restaurants. After some trial and error, I came up with one of my own - and damn, girlfriend, it is good! I stole about 3 or 4 different recipes from Allrecipes and added a few things of my own.


Here's what you need:


1 can artichoke hearts, drained

1/2 cup romano cheese

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

3-5 cloves garlic, peeled (it depends on how much you like garlic, I guess)

1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained

1/2 block of cream cheese

1 cup sour cream

1 cup mozerella cheese

1/3 - 1/2 cup heavy cream

pinch of nutmeg

1 tablespoon chili powder

some red (cayenne) pepper to taste - I like it with a little kick, so I used about a teaspoon


Put the first 4 ingredients in a food processer and chop the hell out of them.


Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Add the artichoke mixture. If it is too tight, add a little more cream.


Put the whole mess in a greased pan and bake it for 20-30 mins in a 400 degree oven. It should be bubbly and brown on top.


Eat it with crusty bread, veggies, or my favorite, tortilla chips.


Schedule an extra session with Lars from the gym tomorrow.


ENJOY!

No comments: