Monday, July 7, 2008

My Secret Blog...REVEALED!



So for a while now, I have been living something of a secret life. I mainly blog at Keeping Up With Zackie, which is an action packed, fun filled blog that chronicles the days of my two year old Kid, from his own perspective. However, a few months ago, I started this blog, in the hopes of... well, I'm not really sure. I have journalled on and off pretty much my entire life, and I though this would be a good extension of that.



It's not.



See, when I journal, it's for me and me only. Things that are funny in my head are also funny to me when I write them down. Oh, and I don't have to censor anything. And everything that's private stays that way. So when I thought about starting this blog, that's pretty much what I had in mind.



But when I realized that other people could read this, I sort of clammed up. Apparently, I have a lot of really important things to say - to myself.



So I've kept this blog up only sporadically. Oh, and by the way, I haven't told anyone about it. But today, in my normal drive home from work and talk on the phone date with my friend Natalie, she outed me. It went a little something like this:



Nat: "Blah blah pool, blah blah work, blah blah trip."

Me: "Blah blah work, blah blah Kid, blah blah blah."

Nat: "Oh, by the way, I found your secret blog last night."



You did, huh? So how exactly did that happen? Did you Google "My Friend MJ's Secret Blog" and this just happened to appear? I'm not completely sure what that might have looked like, but in any case, hello world, here I am:). Anyway, it's got me thinking about this blog again, and how (or if) I want to go forward with it.



Really, the thing that I have struggled with my entire life is finding my own voice. So maybe, just maybe, I can use this as a forum for that. How that might happen remains to be seen.



Till next time...




1 comment:

Natalie said...

HEY- don't censor. I like your funny thoughts! BTW- I found you by googling boddeker blog. Weird how things pop up.