Tuesday, July 8, 2008

When I grow up, I want to be...

Pretty much everyone I know, myself included, is at least a little bit unhappy with his or her job. It's not that I hate it exactly, but trying to solve everyone else's problems all day long can be a touch, well, challenging at times.

So I decided to sit down and take a good, realistic inventory of my strengths and then try to figure out what type of job I might be suited for. Here goes:





I LOVE TO COOK.

If you've read any of my past posts, you know that I make Best Damn Spinach Artichoke Dip In The World, and I have other talents in the kitchen as well. I make excellent potato salad, fried chicken, authentic Vietnamese Spring Rolls, and my liquor laced cakes and cupcakes are to die for. Or at least pass out to. A couple current creations of note are my Blueberry White Chocolate cake and my Chocolate Covered Cherry cupcakes. Yum!




I LIKE TO ORGANIZE THINGS.

Drawers, closets, pantries, folding, sorting... I LOVE IT. Get over it. I know it's not normal. I've learned to deal with it, and so should you.



I LOVE TO GARDEN.

Flowers, vegetables, you name it. If it allows me to dig in the dirt, I will try to grow it. However, I will be the first to admit that my herbs are a little, well, lacking this year. The cilantro is an especially fetching shade of brown, don't you think?




If I'm being completely honest with myself, I also enjoy cleaning my hardwood floors to a highly sheened gloss (Again, you're going to have to just deal with it), playing with The Kid, sewing and quilting, doing home improvement projects, and just generally puttering around the house. Oh, and drinking beer. But that's maybe not completely relevant here.

So, when you add all those things together, I am basically jonesing to be a housewife. I believe the current politically correct term is SAHM, but whatever. You and I both know a housewife is a housewife, PC or not.

Now if I can just figure out how to take care of a few little things, like say, the mortgage, while still pursuing my career of choice, I should be able to find true happiness.

It's always good to have something to aim for, right?


Till next time...





No comments: